What is Age Friendly Manitoba?
You can learn how the Province of Manitoba, led by the Seniors & Healthy Aging Secretariat, developed the Age-Friendly Manitoba Initiative. This project supports seniors in leading active, socially engaged, independent lives that contribute to healthy aging. It was announced by the Minister responsible for Seniors, Kerri Irvin-Ross, in February 2008 at the Age-Friendly Communities Summit in Portage La Prairie.The goal of Age-Friendly Manitoba Initiative is simple: To make Manitoba the most age-friendly province in Canada.
Age-Friendly Manitoba Initiative
The Age-Friendly Manitoba Initiative supports seniors in leading active, socially engaged, independent lives that contribute to healthy aging.
- An age-friendly community:
- Recognizes the diversity among older Manitobans
- Encourages healthy, active aging
- Supports the contributions of older Manitobans
- Promotes the participation of older Manitobans in all aspects of our community
- Engages stakeholders in building age-friendly communities
- Creates accessible, safe environments for older adults
- Treats people of all ages with respect